The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. Around 1870 the painting was moved to new family residence in Reisewitz. After splitting the collection between three brothers, Rudolf, Harald and Manfred (grandsons of Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim), the painting was given to Franz von Ingeheim. At the beginning of the 20th century the portrait belonged to Franz’s son - Manfred Count von Ingenheim; in 1920 it was located in his residence in Ober-Rengersdorf, near Görlitz. In 1942 together with some other works of art forming his part of the collection it was evacuated to the collecting point in Schloss Kuhna near Görlitz, from in 1945 where it found its way to the Royal Castle Wawel in Cracow.
Maria Skubiszewska, Malarstwo włoskie w zbiorach wawelskich, Kraków 1973, p.106-107
- Magdalena Palica