The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. From 1870s the painting adorned the chapel in Schloss Reisewitz, the residence of Family von Ingenheim in Silesia. It was conserved at Schlesisches Museum der Bildenden Künste probably in early 1920s. After splitting the collection between three brothers, Rudolf, Harald and Manfred (grandsons of Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim), the painting was given to Rudolf von Ingeheim. Prior to 1942 it was deposited in das Schlesisches Museum der bildenden Künste in Breslau, during war operations it was probably hidden in one of the shelters in the city. Since 1945 it has stayed in the National Museum in Wrocław.
Bożena Steinborn, Katalog zbiorów malarstwa krajów romańskich, Muzeum Narodowe we Wrocławiu, Wrocław 1982, no. 52
- Magdalena Palica