The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. After splitting the collection between the children of Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim, the painting was given to Marianne von Ingeheim. Around 1880 the major part of the collection of family von Ingenheim was moved to their new residence in Reisewitz. In 1939 the painting was sold to Julius Hoffer. In 1940 or 1941 it was purchased for Special Order Linz (Sonderauftrag Linz). After the war the panel was exhibited in Munich, then in 1950 it found itself in Paris and it became a deposit at Musée Baron Gérard in Bayeux in 1976.
Birgit Schwarz, Hitlers Museum. Die Fotoalbum Gemäldegalerie Linz: Dokumente zum „Führermuseum“, Wien-Köln-Weimar 2004, p. 317
- Magdalena Palica