The portrait was bouhgt by Gustav Adolf Ingenheim in Rom from the art dealer Felice Cartoni in 1823. ). Around 1880 the painting was moved to the new-built family residence in Reisewitz. Prior to 1942 it was deposited in das Schlesisches Museum der bildenden Künste in Breslau, then, in July 1942, evacuated to one of the collecting points in Silesia, from where it was retrieved to the National Museum in Warsaw in 1946.
Jan Białostocki, Maria Skubiszewska, Malarstwo francuskie, niderlandzkie, włoskie do 1600, katalog zbiorów, Muzeum Narodowe w Warszawie, Warszawa 1979, no. 181
- Magdalena Palica