The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. Around 1870 it was moved to new family residence in Reisewitz. Prior to 1942 it was deposited in das Schlesisches Museum der bildenden Künste in Breslau, during war operations it was probably hidden in one of the shelters in the city. Since 1945 it has stayed in the National Museum in Wrocław.
Bożena Steinborn, Katalog zbiorów malarstwa krajów romańskich, Muzeum Narodowe we Wrocławiu, Wrocław 1982, p. 94
- Magdalena Palica