The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. Around 1870 the painting was moved to new family residence in Reisewitz. After splitting the collection between three brothers, Rudolf, Harald and Manfred (grandsons of Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim), the painting was given to Harald von Ingeheim. Sold to Knoedler, London, Paris and New York (1926), from whom purchased by Denys Sutton (January 1964). Sale Christie's, New York (26 January 2005).
Filippino Lippi, ed. Patrizia Zambrano, Jonathan Katz Nelson, Milano 2004, p. 324-325
- Magdalena Palica