The painting was mentioned for the first time in 1911, in the collection of Carl Sachs. At that time it was exhibitied at the 4th display of modern art from the Wrocław's private collections. In 1939 the picture was present among numerous artworks which Carl Sachs was unable to take with him for emigration. In 1940 the whole remaining artworks having formerly belonged to the Carl Sachs' collection were sequestrated and delivered to the Wrocław's Museum of Fine Arts. A note in the Museum's inventory book informed that the Museum had received the painting "free of charge from the Jewish Hans Sachs' collection" which explained the way of purchase.
In 1941 the picture was exhibited in Bytom (Beuthen in German). Then it was transfered to Kamieniec Ząbowicki (Kamenz in German) and after the World War II it reached the National Museum of Warsaw.
4. Ausstellung von Werken moderner Meister aus Breslauer Privatbesitz, Breslau 1911.
Schlesisches Grenzlandmuseum Beuthen, Licht und Farbe in der Deutschen Malerei um 1900. Ausstellung aus den Beständen des Schlesischen Museums der Bildenden Künste Breslau, 1941.
- Dr. Hans-Joachim Hinz