The landscape, painted in 1823 in Koch’s atelier in Rome, was acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his third journey to Rome in 1824. In 1880 it was moved to Reisewitz. After the split of the collection it was in Rudolf von Ingenheim’s possession. In 1930 the painting was conserved in Schlesisches Museum der bildenden Künste, Breslau, where it was deposited prior to 1939. It was evacuated in the first transport to the collecting point in Kamenz, from where it was sent to the National Museum in Warsaw on February 25, 1946. In 1973 the painting was donated to the National Museum in Wrocław.
Malarstwo niemieckie w XIX. Obrazy ze zbiorów polskich, wystawa w Muzeum Narodowym w Warszawie, ed. Iwona Danielewicz, Agnieszka Ciska, Warszawa 2005, p. 89
- Magdalena Palica