The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. After his death in 1855 it was inherited by his soh Eguen and in 1915 by his younger brother Franz living in Reisewitz. Sold to Marczell von Nemes, Munich than to Bachstitz Gallery, the Hauge. In 1925 purchased by Lord Bearsted, Upton House (from 1947 a part of the National Trust).
Oliver Garnett, Upton House. Warwickshire, London 2003, p. 42
- Magdalena Palica