Central part of a poliptych.
The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. Around 1870 the painting was moved to new family residence in Reisewitz. In the 1920s was acquired by A. S. Drey, a dealer from Munich. Since 1946 it was in possession of Duveen Brothers Inc. in New York for several years. In 1964 it was acquired by the Norton Simon Foundation in Los Angeles, CA (then headquartered in Fullerton, California) and offered to the Norton Simon Museum of Art, Pasadena as a long term loan. In 1979 it was purchased by the Sarah Campbell Blaffer Gallery (Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, Texas).
Richard Offner, A Critical and Historical Corpus of Florentine painting, p. III, vol. IV: The Fourteenth Century. Bernardo Daddi, his Shop and Following, Florence 1991, p. 346
- Magdalena Palica