The painting was probably acquired by Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim during his journeys to Italy. After splitting the collection between three brothers, Rudolf, Harald and Manfred (grandsons of Gustav Adolf von Ingenheim), the painting was given to Rudolf von Ingeheim and later deposited in das Schlesisches Museum der bildenden Künste prior to 1939. Then in July 1942 the painting was evacuated to one of the collecting points in Silesia, from where it was retrieved to the National Museum in Warsaw in 1946.
Jan Białostocki, Maria Skubiszewska, Malarstwo francuskie, niderlandzkie, włoskie do 1600, katalog zbiorów, Muzeum Narodowe w Warszawie, Warszawa 1979, no. 49
- Magdalena Palica