Originally the painting was probably a part of the collection of Andrea Vendramin in Venice. The portrait belonged to Gustav Adlf von Ingenheim and later to Manfred Count von Ingenheim; in 1920 it was located in his residence in Ober-Rengersdorf, near Görlitz. In February 1930, through the agency of the Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York, Andrew W. Mellon became the new owner of this painting. On December 28, 1934 it was donated to The A. W. Mellon Education and Charitable Trust in Pittsburgh. In 1937 the painting was handed over to the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.
Miklós Boskovits, David Alan Brown, Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Collections of National Gallery of Art Washington, New York 2003, s. 52-55
- Magdalena Palica